Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Day 3, Rhodadendrum

Not too much to report for today because not much took place. Lots of reading, a few walks with Donner, some contemplating the beauty of nature and wondering what nature will be like 100 years from now if current trends continue. Perhaps the highlight of the day was A drive to the nearby RV camp run by the state forest to take a well-deserved, if not much needed, shower.

This three-day stay here has been one of the longest of any of my road trips. I can probably count on one hand the number of campsites I stayed in for more than two days. I was afraid I would not be able to acclimate myself to it, but it seems that I did so quite nicely. The key is to get into a schedule, albeit one that can be broken if whim Or incident so demands.

Tomorrow, we must break camp and get on the road by 11 o'clock so I can make a swimming appointment for Donner in Potomac Maryland at four. Maybe I will stop off at the rest stop where I left those boots several weeks ago. Perhaps they are still there, waiting for their owner to reclaim them

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment