Saturday, October 9, 2021

Mini-OTR-11 extended

Donner and I hope to  set  off for Rhododendron Camp in the West Virginia mountains for four days. Found a nice tent-only camp not too far from Coopers Rock camp, where we stayed on our way home two weeks ago.  It looks like we will have the entire camp to ourselves as no one seems to have reserved a site.  It is impossible to get a site for weekends, though.

 

I will continue Donner’s PT there twice a day. He continues to learn how to accommodate his disability and is even doing some walking on his  own. I still do not know if his problem is what the vet thinks it is, a torn iliopsoas muscle.

 

I thought preparing for this mini trip could be done in a matter of hours. I was wrong.  Scaling back preparing for a 45 day trip for a four day trip is not a matter of dividing the preparation time by 11.  I don’t know what the formula is, but it did to result in what I expected.

 

I am not too sure how I will react to two full days in a camp, considering that I am used to moving on every day. Perhaps I will get some reading done. Or Donner will get PT more than twice a day.

 

We will blog from the camp, depending on internet.

 

Ed and Donner

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment