Thursday, September 16, 2021

Contents of my stuff box

Here are the contents of my stuff box. The red bag contains the bear spray, which I decided to secure in a bag this time instead of having it loose as I did in the Badlands in 2018. Devoted readers of my blog will recall that incident, but perhaps not as vividly as I recall it.

The little black bag above the flashlights contains two mosquito head-nets , one for me and one for donner. From what I understand, we are going to need them when we go search for John Snyder's grave.

The two little orange tubes below my name on the yellow lid to the container contains two emergency flares. The last time that I had to think about using them was on Kamchatka in 1996=when my guide Sasha and I were pretty heavily charged by a huge grizzly bear. We never used it, the bear graciously retreated, and I saved myself a couple of dollars by not having to buy a new one, or perhaps saved my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment