Saturday, September 18, 2021

Day 2, Morning

No sooner had I left the tent this morning when Donner immediately expropriated my mattress and sleeping bag.

The new arrangement with his mattress did not work out well last night. The constant sound of his trying to shift position by scraping His front paws on the nylon fabric of the mattress kept me up half the night.

Donner is able to stand up and walk out of the tent on his own, which I thought would be problematic for him. But how long that will last I do not know. I am simply amazed at how quickly his situation deteriorated this past week. But like all German Shepherd 's, he is pretty stoic and doesn't complain. He seems to accept his situation as it is, doesn't blame it on anyone, doesn't look for help from anyone, and moves on. There's a lesson there for all of us.

Ed and Donner

2 comments: