Sunday, September 5, 2021

. If it is not one thing, it is another.

Starting with OTR-1 in 2000, it seems that in the weeks, no, days before each trip, a potentially show-stopping problem pops up with the Defender, my dogs, or, less often, me, but I seem to either anticipate them and do something to avoid then, or solve them.  The list for my now-11 trips is too long to post.  This year, I tried to anticipate all issues with the Defender, and so I took it in for a thorough checkup, and paid the price, and it seems to be running just fine now. Unfortunately, Donner started showing signs of a problem with his rear right leg today, not the debilitating infection problem he had in that leg last year and earlier this year, but perhaps an orthopedic problem.  It is not bad enough to rush him to the vets, but potentially serious  enough for me to have to take along his stroller on this trip, which will take up valuable space.  But you do what you have to so.  So, I will continue to prepare for the trip, but watch his situation. Then on the day we are to leave, I will decide if we are heading out west to the Donner Party trail, or some camp in the nearby Shenandoah Mountains, or neither.  If it is not one thing, it is another.

 

Ed and Donner (from basecap in DC)

No comments:

Post a Comment