Thursday, September 16, 2021

The library

Usually, I would take along a box for each of the defender workshop manual, maps and camp and park books, and the library. I reduced three boxes to one. Since I downsized the garage, I will be storing the defender workshop manual in it. As for the maps, there are only a few that I am taking in addition to be Rand McNally map books, and I will rely on my iPad and GPS to do the rest. As for the library, my track record is not very good in terms of being able to get any reading done with my moving on every day and multitudinous camp tasks each night. However, in event that I get delayed it at some location,which has happed, as some of you know,  I will be taking along six books, shown in the photo. You see what the theme is. I will also be taking along the  Donner Party Chronicles by Frank Mullen, and eading that every night to get some sense for what my journey the next day will cover what the Donner Part covered. My hope is that I will be able to summarize on my blog either what coming the next day or what just transpired. Of course, as far as reading and writing are concerned, that depends on how much time there is. But with an average of 250 miles a day, or five hours on the road, there should be more time than on my prior trips.

Incidentally, before I get to Independence Missouri in five days, the more studious of my readers might wish to watch the PBS special in the American Experience series on the Donner Party. I think you will enjoy reading and may uderstand my blog more if you do

No comments:

Post a Comment