Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Day 6, rest stop on 70 in either Maryland, west Virginia or Pennsylvania.

Stopped at a rest stop on 70 to walk Donner. Also scheduled a swimming session for him tomorrow and an appointment with his orthopedic vet. Will order wheelchair when i get home.

I will also simulate day by day the Donner Party trip we will eventually take when i get back so others can benefit from my research, and mistake. Biggest mistake i made was leaving on day 1, but i gained valuable experience these last six days. Second mistake was not going through some trial local trips, as i had hoped, but i gained more experience this way.

I accidentally left a pair of my camp shoes (smaller than my boots) at site B33 at Chestnut Ridge last Saturday. First time over 11 trips i ever left anything behind. I stopped by the site after leaving Cooper's Rock this morning and they were still there. My record is still 100 percent.

Good decision to leave Salt Fork yesterday. It's raining there today. After a pleasant rain all night at Coopers Rock that gave me 12 hours of solid sleep despite the rocky bed we were on, the rain stopped and the sun is now out.

It looks like we will be home at 415.

Interestingly enough, i have no regrets, not even disappointment, over the trip interruption. Perhaps my legs or balance are not what they were two years ago, but my judgment is better, and it was pretty good before.

Ed and Donner from the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment