Saturday, September 18, 2021

Day 2, Buck Creek Park near Springfield Ohio

Our pleasant settlement for this evening and may be an extra day or two, at Buck Creek Park near Springfield Ohio, site 115. After a hard drive today through absolutely boring territory, I decided that both Donna and I need to rest. And once I found out that there is a leak just down The road, with a cement entry bed, I decided to take Donner swimming tomorrow.

His condition is no better, and I do not expect any improvement, but he is getting used to his situation and learning how to abide. He was a lot more alert in the defender today setting up a good deal of the time.

These are the stretches of Highway in North America that I hate the most. Long stretches of cement with only gas stations and convenience stores at the intersections.What I miss are driving through the small little towns and stopping off at the coffee shops and bakeries and general stores. Perhaps on my way home, whenever that is, I will do that.

I said a Donner's stroller Tonight and will take him for a stroll right after I send this off. This way he'll feel like home. He does seem to enjoy himself sitting on his cot outside the tent looking around at all the new surroundings. If he did not seem to enjoy that, we would be on our way home already.

No comments:

Post a Comment