Tuesday, September 14, 2021

six stages

A friend asked me about these trips.  How much fun, he said. Here is what I told him.

 

There are six stages to these trips I take: thinking, planning, preparing, loading the Defender, the trip itself, and afterwards. Loading the Defender is the toughest part. The planning is the most fun, to the point where I sometimes think I took the trip.  The trip itself is by no means fun, but it certainly accumulates enough experiences that form permanent memories.  The real fun begins when I look back on what we did.  I bought an 80" smart TV last year just so I can tap into my desktop where all the photos of my road trips are stored, call up my trip music on Alexa,  and sit back and watch the trips go by, almost hour by hour.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment