Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Donner's new bed

I thought I posted this but I guess I did not.

 

I had to make up a new bed for Donner in the front seat.  I used part of that nice air mattress of mine he kindly made up for me in the Badlands three years ago, evidenced by the repair tape that did not hold.  The arrow points to how it tucks under his cot in the back so that he does not get his legs caught on the end of the front bed as he moves from the back to the front, preventing him from sitting down, or causing a problem when I am driving. I road tested this arrangement, as I am wont do ado on all changes I make,  and it works nicely. The front seat bed sits on top of the queen sized air mattress I am taking after all, just in case we have to bivouac in some furniture-less cabin or yurt, as we did in 2017 in Cave Lake in Ely Nevada, or was it 2018?  I do not sleep well on hardwood floors, or a flimsy air mattress, nor does Donner.  On top of his cot in the back is his usual dog bed. Beneath it is the ground floor for the tent, my air mattress, and another one of his mattresses like the one in front. So, while he will not have air in his mattress in the tent, he will have four inches of foam. If he is smart, and I think he is, he will opt for his mattress, and not mine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment