Saturday, September 25, 2021

Donner swimming today

As Donner gets used to his situaiton, his spirit improves.  Today, his spirit was getting back to normal.  He is walking better, not beause his problem is going away, but because he is learning how to walk on his rear right leg better.  I took him swimming and he was his same old self.  After I send this off, we will go to his favorite restaiurant, Angelos in Georgetown, where he is treated like a king, which he is. 

The first two ules of managing a lame or paralyzed dog are: (1) keep his spirt up, and (2) to do that, do everything he did before. Some may recall  my challenge when Sonntag became paralyzed, how to take him cross-country skiiing again with me.  The solution is shown  in the photo below Donner swimming. I still have those skis, and they even have “Sonntag” emblazoned on them, as if there was a large theft problem with skis for dogs.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment