Friday, September 24, 2021

Donner

I took Donner to his primary vet today. He thinks he has a cruciate ligament tear. If that is the case, it is on top of his neuro issues, for which there is nothing that can be done. But I will take him to his orthopedic vet next week to get an assessment. If it is an ACL tear, I will probably go ahead with the surgery. In the meantime, his spirit is still pretty low, but he is adjusting to his new situation as he returns to his old routine. Fortunately, it has only been seven years since I last had to manage a paralyzed dog, Leben, so the routine for me is still fresh in my mind. The top task in managing a paralyzed or otherwise non-walking the dog, is to keep his spirit up, and the best way to do that is for him to do everything he did before

Photo is of Donner outside in his office at Starbucks on the waterfront.

No comments:

Post a Comment